Interior Design and Redesign

Thursday, February 16, 2006

What's In and What's Out?

QUESTION
I live in a very small city and I think that is part of the reason I lack confidence in knowing when some items may really be out of styles (don't get a lot of opportunities to really study the 'decorating' stores) e.g. certain styles of window coverings (eg. swags & jabots), brass lamps, etc. I do get three decorating magazines monthly but they are a bit high end.

Is there any other way(s) of keeping on top of this? Or could you recommend a magazine, etc. that you find particularly beneficial?

Thanks loads,

Phyllis
-------------------------------------------------------------------

ANSWER
I never worry about what's "in" because by the time you hear about it, it's probably on it's way "out". I always recommend that people simple go with what they love. Then no matter what the trends bring or how fast they come in or go out, they will still love what they have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home