Interior Design and Redesign

Monday, March 20, 2006

Stay in Tune with the Past - Redesign vs. New

The older I get the more in tune I am with nostalgia. I drive a PT Cruiser. My home is filled with Asian decor reminding me of my childhood growing up in Japan.

With the escalating prices of homes all across the country, and especially in Orange County (where I live), one must look carefully at the advantages and disadvantages of buying a new home as opposed to restoring and repairing an older one. I'm in the process of doing the latter.

When we appreciate the past it gives us a clearer vision for the future.

I just redesigned a multi-million home in Long Beach, a city that has undergone a huge redevelopment of the downtown area. Driving through that part of town last week, I hardly recognized a city where I had lived and worked and attended college.

Look to your past for inspiration and appreciation. It's an important part of your family's heritage. Treasure it. Own it. Preserve it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home